By Thomas P. Gullotta (auth.), Carl Leukefeld, Thomas P. Gullotta, Michelle Staton-Tindall (eds.)
Substance abuse is, and has consistently been, an incontrovertible fact of lifestyles. humans – in particular youth – abuse quite a few felony and unlawful ingredients for any variety of purposes: to accentuate emotions, to accomplish deeper realization, to flee fact, to self-medicate. And as substance-abusing young ones mature, they pose specific demanding situations to the pros charged with conserving them fresh and sober and assisting them continue restoration into adulthood.
Adolescent Substance Abuse: Evidence-Based techniques to Prevention and Treatment deals transparent, interdisciplinary advice that grounds readers within the many contexts – developmental, genetic, social, and familial between them – the most important to making powerful interventions and prevention equipment. Its individuals learn present findings concerning popularly used treatments, together with psychopharmacology, residential remedy, institution- and community-based courses, workforce houses, and particular types of person, relations, and staff therapy.
Accessible to a large expert viewers, this volume:
- Presents evidence-based aid for the therapy decision-making strategy through choosing interventions that paintings, may paintings, and don’t paintings.
- Identifies person characteristics linked to susceptibility to substance abuse and dependancy in youth.
- Provides a biogenetic version of the results of substances at the mind (and refines the idea that of gateway drugs).
- Evaluates the effectiveness of prevention courses in class and neighborhood settings.
- Adds historic, non secular, and felony views on substance use and misuse.
- Includes the bonus source, the group Prevention guide on Adolescent Substance Abuse and Treatment.
This quantity is an all-in-one reference for counseling pros and clinicians operating with formative years and households in addition to application builders in kingdom and native enterprises and graduate scholars in counseling and prevention.
Read Online or Download Adolescent Substance Abuse: Evidence-Based Approaches to Prevention and Treatment PDF
Best nonfiction_9 books
Environmental stipulations switch significantly during 24 h with appreciate to abiotic elements and intra- and interspecific interactions. those adjustments lead to restricted time home windows of chance for animal actions and, accordingly, the query of while to do what's topic to health maximisation.
Antibiotic Resistance: Origins, Evolution, choice and unfold Chairman: Stuart B. Levy 1997 over the past 50 years, the swift bring up within the use of antibiotics, not just in humans, but in addition in animal husbandry and agriculture, has introduced a range exceptional within the heritage of evolution. therefore, society is dealing with one in every of its gravest public overall healthiness problems-the emergence of infectious micro organism with resistance to many, and on occasion all, to be had antibiotics.
Explores the influence of the most recent breakthroughs in cluster SIMS technologyCluster secondary ion mass spectrometry (SIMS) is a excessive spatial answer imaging mass spectrometry procedure, that are used to signify the three-d chemical constitution in complicated natural and molecular platforms.
1. 1 house View and floor Observations 1 1. 2 Mediterranean Climatic atmosphere 2 1. three tactics at Surfaces 10 1. three. 1 Deforestation and Land-use alterations 10 1. three. 2 Water comparable difficulties sixteen 1. three. three fireplace, Grazing, and Land Degradation 19 1. three. four Drought, Floods, Frost, and Desertification 21 1. three.
- Meaningful Motion. Biomechanics for Occupational Therapists
- Rage of Jarasandha
- Supramolecular Structure and Function 7
- Animal Cell Technology: From Target to Market: Proceedings of the 17th ESACT Meeting Tylosand, Sweden, June 10–14, 2001
Extra resources for Adolescent Substance Abuse: Evidence-Based Approaches to Prevention and Treatment
Arria, A. , Caldeira, K. , O’Grady, K. , Vincent, K. , Johnson, E. , & Wish, E. D. (2008). Nonmedical use of prescription stimulants among college students: Associations with attention-deficit-hyperactivity disorder and polydrug use. Pharmacotherapy, 28(2), 156–169. Bada, H. , Bauer, C. , Wright, L. , et al. (2002). Gestational cocaine exposure and intrauterine growth: Maternal lifestyle study. Obstetrics and Gynecology, 100(5 Pt. 1), 916–924. Barkley, R. A. (1991). The ecological validity of laboratory and analogue assessment methods of ADHD symptoms.
Morrow, A. L. (1998). The role of GABAA receptors in the acute and chronic effects of ethanol. Psychopharmacology, 139, 2–19. , Moll, G. , et al. (2007). Administration of oral methylphenidate during adolescence prevents suppressive development of dopamine projections into prefrontal cortex and amygdala after an early pharmacological challenge in gerbils. Brain Research, 1176, 124–132. Guerriero, R. , Hayes, M. , Dhaliwal, S. , Ren, J. , & Kosofsky, B. E. (2006). Preadolescent methylphenidate versus cocaine treatment differ in the expression of cocaine-induced locomotor sensitization during adolescence and adulthood.
Anthony, J. , Warner, L. , & Kessler, R. C. (1994). Comparative epidemiology of dependence on tobacco, alcohol, controlled substances, and inhalants: Basic findings from the National Comorbidity Survey. Experimental and Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2, 244–268. Arbeit, M. , Nicklas, T. , Frank, G. , Webber, L. , Miner, M. , & Berenson, G. S. (1988). Caffeine intakes of children from a biracial population: The Bogalusa Heart Study. Journal of the American Dietetic Association, 88(4), 466–471. Arria, A.