By B. Jayant Baliga
"Advanced strength MOSFET innovations" offers an in-depth therapy of the physics of operation of complicated strength MOSFETs. Analytical types for explaining the operation of all of the complicated strength MOSFETs are built and defined. the result of numerical simulations are supplied to provide extra perception into the equipment physics and validate the analytical types. the result of two-dimensional simulations also are given, as a way to corroborate the analytical types and provides extra perception into the gadget operation. This quantity additionally: -Discusses units which could have an important influence on enhancing the potency of the voltage-regulator-modules used to convey strength to microprocessors and pictures chips in laptops and servers -Covers functions in all decrease voltage circuits, particularly the automobile electronics region contains numerical simulation examples to provide an explanation for the working physics and validate the versions - deals vast insurance of the position of silicon carbide within the layout and constitution of strength rectifiers "Advanced energy MOSFET techniques" is a must-read for researchers and training engineers within the energy equipment industry.
Read or Download Advanced Power MOSFET Concepts PDF
Best electronics: radio books
Electroluminescent semiconductor units are assuming an outstanding value in digital international. There at the moment are many units concerning this relatives. The electroluminescent panels, laser diode, infra purple diode, gentle emitting diode (LED) and LED screens are many of the very important contributors of this relatives. The electroluminescence is a phenomenon taking place while a semiconductor fabric emits gentle below the impact of electrical box.
- RFIC and MMIC Design and Technology (IEE Circuits, Devices and Systems Series, 13)
- Interfacing the enhanced parallel port.V1.0
- Antennas: From Theory to Practice
- Compound Semiconductor Bulk Materials and Characterizations
Extra info for Advanced Power MOSFET Concepts
The most significant gate charge components for assessing the performance of the power MOSFET structures are QSW (the gate switching charge), QGD (the gate-drain charge), and QG (the total gate charge). 27) þ ½CGS þ CGD ðVON ÞðVG ÀVGP Þ The gate charge values obtained for the 30-V power D-MOSFET structure by using the above equations are: QGD ¼ 216 nC/cm2; QSW ¼ 237 nC/cm2; and QG ¼ 592 nC/cm2. It can be concluded that the gate-drain charge (QGD) is the dominant portion (90%) of the gate switching charge (QSW).
2 Power D-MOSFET On-Resistance 35 30V D-MOSFET Structure Doping Concentration (cm–3) N+ P+ 1020 20 P 1018 18 N 1016 16 00 0 5 0. 50 1 00 2. 50 2. 5 0 0 ) 4. 0 0. 0 Y (μ 50 4. 0 00 5. 00 0 5 6. 0 5. Fig. 8 Doping distribution for the D-MOSFET structure 30V D-MOSFET Structure Doping Concentration (cm–3) 1020 N+ 1019 1018 LCH 1017 N P 1016 1015 2 3 4 Distance (microns) Fig. 2 0 0 2 4 6 8 Gate Bias Voltage (Volts) 10 Fig. 382 mO cm2. 717 mO cm2. These values are in close agreement with either the Model A or Model B for the current distribution within the D-MOSFET structure.
19. It can be observed that the electric field in the gate oxide is larger than in the semiconductor due to the difference in dielectric constant for the two materials. A change in the slope of the electric field profile can be observed close to the semiconductor surface due to the enhanced doping concentration arising from the JFET doping. The electric field in the oxide increases rapidly with increasing drain bias because the gate oxide is not shielded from the drain potential. The high electric field in the gate oxide in the blocking mode has been found to create reliability problems.