By Edward A. Arnold
The Kalachakra Tantra--Kalachakra potential wheel of time--is a practice of Buddhist thought and perform whose root textual content treats a stupendous expanse of data starting from observations of the cosmos to investigations of meditative states and very important physically energies. within the Tibetan-speaking international, a public Kalachakra initiation continues to be the main sought-after eveny within the lifetime of a religious Buddhist. The Fourteenth Dalai Lama has lengthy had a powerful reference to the Kalachakra Tantra and taken the initiation to the West in 1981, acting it within the united states, Switzerland, Spain, and Australia. This quantity has been created to rejoice his lengthy involvement with the Kalachakra teachings.
Read Online or Download As Long As Space Endures: Essays on the Kalacakra Tantra in Honor of the Dalai Lama PDF
Best tibetan books
The Dalai Lama frequently says, Kindness is society. His former translator, Jeffrey Hopkins, writes that through studying to stay from a extra compassionate point of view, we will create a greater existence not just for ourselves yet for everybody. In A honest center, Hopkins makes use of Buddhist meditations (including the Dalai Lama's favorite), visualizations, and wonderful memories from his own trip to lead us in constructing an understanding of the means for romance inside of us and studying to undertaking that love into the area round us.
Brain past demise is an crucial guidebook throughout the trip of lifestyles and dying. utilizing funny analogies and his profound knowing of the Western brain, Dzogchen Ponlop makes the mysterious Tibetan teachings at the bardos - the durations among waking and sleep, among existence and demise, and past - thoroughly on hand to the fashionable reader.
This e-book offers the basic underpinnings important for figuring out the Buddhist method of psychology and private transformation. It units forth the character of brain and human capability, and offers meditations which permit one to event those directly.
"Khenchen Thrangu Rinpoche, a preeminent Tibetan grasp, has provided an available and specific advent to the inherently woke up brain on the middle of bewilderment and anguish. whereas this article is valuable for the coed, it truly is much more an important for the Vajrayana practitioner. " — Judith Simmer-Brown, PhD, Professor, Naropa college
The second one quantity during this landmark sequence offers the bodhisattva teachings of the mahayana. At this aspect, having knowledgeable and obvious some great benefits of having a look inside, the coed starts off to shift their concentration outward to the wider international. Formal access into the mahayana happens with taking the bodhisattva vow.
- Mahamudra: The Moonlight: Quintessence of Mind and Meditation
- A Guide to the Words of My Perfect Teacher
- The Treasury of Knowledge, Book Six, Parts One and Two: Indo-Tibetan Classical Learning and Buddhist Phenomenology
- The Gate of Entry Into the Limitless Activities of the Supreme Noble Ones
- Liberation in the Palm of Your Hand
- Compassion in Tibetan Buddhism: With Kensur Lekden’s Meditations of a Tantric Abbot
Extra info for As Long As Space Endures: Essays on the Kalacakra Tantra in Honor of the Dalai Lama
The Blessed] now shows how only emission (cyuti) is, by an indirect way, the cause of transmigration: 139. From emission is born dispassion, From dispassion, suffering is born, From suffering is born, for humans, the ruin of the elements, and From ruin, as it was handed down, death. 140. From death, a new existence [arises] from it, again from it [comes] death And still again, emission. t h e n a t u r e o f t h e s u p r e m e i m m u t a b l e w i s d o m i n t h e s e k o d d e Śa 33 Thus, for beings, phenomenal existence Proceeds only from the birth of dispassion, not otherwise.
121. He’s the one pounding with a hundred clubs in his hands, He’s the dancer with a pounding-down of his feet; He’s the one with glory, the user of a hundred (user) hands, The dancer across (the sectors used in) the expanse of the sky. 122. He’s the one standing on the surface of the maṇḍala of the earth, Pressing down on the surface with a single foot; He’s the one standing on the nail of his large toe, Pressing down on the tip of Brahmā’s (egg-like) world. 123. He’s the singular item, the item regarding phenomena that’s nondual, He’s the deepest (truth) item, (the imperishable powerful lord,) the one that lacks what’s fearful; He’s the item with a variety of revealing forms, The one that has a continuity of mind and of partitioning consciousness.
The cause [consisting, as it is seen, in emptiness], is sealed (mudrita) by the result, that is to say, by the bliss devoid of impurity (anāśrava). It has the form of bliss—also because by its very nature, it is bliss. 33 [Cause and result therefore are] both characterized by emptiness and compassion, so that the [Blessed] says: 3 giacomella orofino 147. Emptiness, which holds the image, is the cause, and Compassion, which holds the immutable, is the result. The unity of emptiness and compassion Is the nonemitted bodhicitta.